Created by Marthinus Strydom on February 28, 2017
This is the most delicious, juicy, tasty, flavorful burger ever. If there was a hamburger wold championship then this burger will win hands down! My [...]
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 40m
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 strips German speck
- 4 thin slices aged cheddar cheese
- Hot English mustard
- 4 pinches paprika
- 4 pinches ground corriander
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, cut in half. Chop one half finely. Slice the other half into slices.
- 1 Handful breadcrumbs
- 1 cube beef stock (or 1 teaspoon beef stock powder)
- 8 Sliced gherkins
- 4 Sliced tomatoes
- dash Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
To make the patties
- In a bowl combine the beef with the paprika, corriander, few grinds of salts, few grinds of pepper, egg, beef stock, breadcrumbs and chopped onion.
- Mix with your hands.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a pan with 2 counts olive oil.
- Fry the bacon and speck until crisp.
- Place on a kitchen towel on a plate.
- Fry the onion a few minutes until nice and browned.
- Remove the onions to the bacon plate.
- Fry the patties on high heat until properly browned on both sides. 3 minutes a side.
- Place the slices of cheese on top of the patties and remove to a plate.
- Slice the buns in half.
- Place the buns, cut sides down onto the pan (the same one you fried the patties)
- Toast until browned.
Make the burger
- Generously apply the mustard on the buns.
- Place the onions on the bottom bun.
- Then the patty on top of the onions.
- Then the bacon.
- Then the gherkins.
- Then the tomato.